Thunderstone’s “The Healing Lens” by Michelle Derosier will be screening in Stuttgart, Germany, February 20th, 2011 as part of a film block entitled HEALING POWERS OF MEDIA.
INDIANER INUIT: The North America Film Festival is the first and only of its kind in Europe. It takes place biannually in Stuttgart alternating with the BEST OF THE SAN FRANCISCO AMERICAN INDIAN FILM FESTIVAL. In cooperation with Michael Smith, director of the San Francisco Film Institute and Festival, the BEST OF exclusively presents award winning films of the last San Francisco Film festival to the European public. The North America Native Film Festival in Stuttgart is based on the cooperation of leading cultural institutions: Linden-Museum (State Museum of Ethnology), German-American Center/James Byrnes-Institute and the Volkshochschule with a focus on adult education. The events offer the unique opportunity to discuss new, exciting and unexpected aspects of Native American/First Nations cultures – far removed from one-dimensional stereotypes about indigenous peoples of North America.
More information here: http://www.nordamerika-filmfestival.com/en/best-of.html
Leave a comment
- Thunderstone’s Dave Clement wins Northern Ontario Cinematographer of the Year
- Thunderstone Dave Clement nominated for Cinematographer of the Year for “Return to Manomin”
- Filmmaker Derosier offers a voice for the North
- Our Michelle Derosier guest on CBC Radio “The Current”
- Thunderstone Pictures receives crime prevention award